MCCU Switch Kits

MCCU Switch Kits


Sit back, relax, and let us do the work!

Would you like to switch your checking account to MCCU? Don’t want to go through all the hassle of closing accounts and calling or sending forms to merchants? No problem! All you have to do is fill out the forms below, mail or bring them into the MCCU branch, and we’ll take care of it for you!


Here’s how it works

If you are not an existing MCCU member, simply request an application. Once your account is set up, you can use the Switch Kit to transfer your Checking!


If you are an existing MCCU member:

  1. Open a Checking Account* with us. You can do this by coming into the branch, or through the mail.

  2. Download this form to indicate how you would like to make your initial deposit to your new checking account.

  3. Simply fill out the "Close Account" form and the other optional forms for Direct Deposit and Automatic Payments. If you have more than one Automatic Payment, please print and complete one form for each payment.

If you are a full-time State employee, use this direct deposit form.

If you are a University Corp. employee, use this direct deposit form.


Once you have completed and signed the forms, mail them (or bring them into the branch) to:

Matadors Community Credit Union, Attn: Switch Kits

P.O. Box 1052

Northridge, CA 91328


We’ll send the appropriate forms to the financial institution(s) you specified and open your new account(s), if applicable. We will contact you upon receipt of your forms with the status of your Switch. We cannot accept faxes because most financial institutions require original signatures.


Helpful Information:

  1. If you are closing out a Checking Account, make sure all of your outstanding checks have cleared before you send us the "Close Account" form.

  2. Destroy and recycle your old checks and destroy your old ATM/Debit Card(s).

  3. Change your payroll direct deposit information to our institution (use the enclosed form letter to notify your employer).

  4. Contact anyone other than your employer who makes deposits to your account to find out how to request the change. This might include retirement, pension, Social Security or other payments. They may require you to use a special form, or you may be able to use the enclosed "Change Payroll Direct Deposit" form.

Questions? Call us at (818) 993-6328 for help!


*Checking Accounts are subject to qualification criteria.


Download the Switch Kit forms below

The Switch Kit forms are in PDF format. To view these documents, you must have Acrobat Reader Installed on your computer.


Initial Deposit form (PDF - 13k)

Close Account form (PDF - 13k)

Change Payroll Direct Deposit form (PDF - 13k)

Change Automatic Withdrawal form (PDF - 13k)


If you do not already have Acrobat Reader, it is free to download, and simple to install.


Get Adobe Reader

Platinum Membership Information
Refer a Friend
Matadors Money Matters Blog